Rowan's Law - NEW for Outdoor 2020 (mandatory by law) MEMO Click here
Rowan’s Law - Mandatory - Ontario Law
If an organization does not comply with the laws of Ontario, then the organization assumes any liability risk associated with non-compliance.
I2020-126 Dec 1, 2020 – Phase 1 Implementation came into effect July 1, 2019
Phase 2 Implementation came into effect January 2, 2021
Club is to establish a:
- Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians
- Concussion Code of Conduct Coaches & Team Trainers
- Removal-from-Sport and Return-to Sport protocol.
For Outdoor 2021 all athletes, parents of athletes under 18, Team Officials to confirm every year that they have:
- reviewed Ontario’s Concussion Awareness Resources.
- Athletes/parents of athletes to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes & Parents/Guardians
- Team Officials to read and sign the Concussion Code of Conduct for Coaches and Team Trainers
Concussion Resources for Coaches
Forms to be signed PRIOR to participating in their sport.
Club to keep a record or a process to confirm signed and information is reviewed.
*Sign = electronic or physical form
- Removal-from-Sport and Return-to Sport protocol. Further information and sample templates will be made available at https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources when finalized by the Province of Ontario
Resources and Forms
Player Registration forms
/Downloads/122/Registration -Clubs/team-playerregistrsation club use.pdf
Coach Code of Conduct
Please find a sample of Coach Code of Conduct for your clubs use as you see fit
/Downloads/122/Registration -Clubs/COACH CODE OF CONDUCT.pdf
Please find below various model of documents for your Club's use and
some basic information as to what is expected from each club.
It is recommended to use the models and modify it to suit your clubs requirements
Basic Club Responsibilities
2018_SUMMARY BASIC CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES.pdf
Chain of Command
CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICS
Code of Conduct & Ethics
OS Harassment Policy & Volunteer Screening Document
Offence Declaration Form
This form is to be downloaded by the CLUB and the club logo is to be
inserted in the space provided. The form is to be completed and signed
by the coach/manager/volunteer and kept with the club files. These
files must be available at any time to the district, the OS or
authorities. The club must have a
screening policy that indicates the time frame for which a new police
check must be done keeping in mind that the police check is only good to
the date it was completed.
Please restain a Club Screening Record listing all coaches and/or
managers. This will ensure that your coaches/managers meet the
Volunteer Screening requirements for the teams they are
Police Record Check
Checks are available for a fee with a letter on Club Letterhead and
signed by the Club President or Registrar. A letter on Club Letterhead
is also required for these Police Checks.
For use for clubs in rural areas, larger centres will have forms provided by their local police force (IE London Police)
London Police Check